Thursday, July 2, 2020

Celebrating America and Our Associates


As we enjoy the July 4th holiday, and celebrate the veterans and heros who have served our country throughout America's history, I would also like to take a second and honor our employees and craftspeople who have helped us continue the legacy of Century Furniture through the years.  

2020 Years of Service Luncheon- Associates with 25 Years of Service or more
Century was created in 1947 by my grandfather, Harley F. Shuford. A young, enterprising, entrepreneur, Harley never meet a challenge he could not work himself through. After the WWII, he knew that with sweat, blood and tears, good old fashioned hutzpah but more importantly a strong team and family beside him, he could make a go at making furniture here in Hickory, North Carolina.  His quote was, "We strive to create furniture of such impeccable quality that it brings joy not only to the people who own it, but also to the craftspeople who build it."  He was always focused on and dedicated to the people he surrounded himself with, his family, his friends, his community, and very much so the people who worked for and with him. To this day, some of our longest tenured associates who knew my grandfather will tell me how Harley would always shake every person's hand and thank them personally whenever he could. 

73 years after he created it, we continue to work hard with over 800 associates to make beautiful furniture for customers the world over.  We could not do it without our team and family of craftspeople and associates. Their dedication and commitment to craft, to customer service, to each other and to Century leaves me speechless and humbled everyday I go to work. 

So to past associates who have retired through the years and to the team that is currently carrying the torch with us, we thank you.  Not a day goes by that we are not grateful for you and what you do.  
     


 










3 comments:

Vicki, San Antonio, TX said...

My home is full of your Town & Country furniture. I love your craftsmanship and love my furniture! I shop your Outlet, have bought your fabric on the discontinued outlet, and very much appreciate all of your talent and hard work. My quest is for you to bring back the Town & Country hutch (LOL). I loved that piece, just couldn't afford it until now that is gone. Seriously, you deliver such quality and I love and am very proud to own many of your products. Thank you, Vicki

Steve Giorgi -Giorgi Brothers Furniture. said...

Vicki,
We were a long time dealer of Century Furniture until about 15 years ago in Northern California. Currently we carry all the Century sister brands but actually don't carry the Century brand. Town and Country was a best selling collection for us in the past and I have pieces of the group in my own home. We have a 72" Round Town and Country Dining Room table including the Lazy Susan and 6 of the Ladderback Side Chairs with upholstered seats in the original finish the group was introduced in on consignment for $1999. We normally don't do consignment at our store, but I made an exception knowing the quality of the collection and the condition of the set being "near brand new". I enjoy reading the Century newsletter and came across your post so thought I'd reach out. I know it's not the hutch you are looking for, but if you are interested or anyone at the Century factory gets a request for these discontinued pieces my contact info is below. Just thought I'd put it out there. If it's meaningful feel free to reach out.

Sincerely,

Steve Giorgi
Giorgi Brothers Furniture
211 Baden Ave.
South San Francisco, CA 94080
Giorgibros.com
Steve@Giorgibros.com or sgiorgi@pacbell.net
650-588-4621 Store
650-333-8189 Cell

kayan web said...



شركة الصفرات للتنظيف بالرياض
شركة الصفرات لتعقيم المنازل بالرياض
شركة الصفرات لتنظيف الخزانات بالرياض
شركة الصفرات لمكافحة الحشرات بالرياض
شركة الصفرات لنقل العفش بالرياض
شركة الصفرات لنقل الاثاث بالرياض
شركة الصفرات لكشف التسربات بالرياض
شركة الصفرات لتنظيف المكيفات بالرياض
https://www.cleanriyadh.com/